Monday, March 22, 2010

Not Me Monday

For all the things that we “don’t” do – MckMama has created Not Me Mondays. Enjoy my (SUPER embarrassing) post, and then jump over the MckMama’s site for more…



I did NOT have family coming into town last minute this weekend, and therefore spent 3 days scrambling to turn a mess of a house into a beautiful retreat for my incredibly picky parents.

This did NOT include me doing 13 loads of laundry that had piled up. Seriously, how do 3 people create 13 loads of laundry?

Some of that said laundry did NOT end up in a pile in my closet after it had been washed, because I simply didn’t have time to fold it and put it away. Which led to this incredibly embarrassing moment –

On Thursday morning, I did NOT get ready in the dark in a futile attempt to avoid waking up my 5 year old who had decided to sneak into my bed in the middle of the night. This did NOT lead to me fumbling through the laundry pile in the closet in complete blackness trying to find and put on a complete outfit. And in my haste, there was no time to glance in the mirror and make sure everything looked okay before running out the door, so I did NOT assume that I’m super talented and head off to work without a double check.

An hour later, I was NOT standing in my employee’s office having a conversation with him about the day’s tasks when I looked down and saw something black and lacy on the floor between us. He did NOT pick it up and then start laughing at the horrified look on my face when I realized it was my PANTIES. Somehow they had gotten caught in the leg of my pants that I pulled from the laundry and made their way onto the floor in front of us.

He and another employee did not proceed to play “catch” with them while I considered A) quitting b) crying and c) both

It’s been a looong time since I’ve been that humiliated.

And you can bet I will NOT ever get dressed in the dark again. And that’s a promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment