Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions...

So everyone has grand plans for all the things they are going to do this year. Most of which they also made plans to do last year, and failed miserably. But hey, it's a new year. And another chance to succeed.

Why do people make resolutions at the first of the year? What makes them think that the turning of the calender will somehow give them the motivation to do things differently?

I've never really been a New Years Resolutions kinda girl. I'm more of the all or nothing at whatever point I decide to do it type. My blessing and curse is that I do NOTHING in moderation. If I'm in, I'm all in. If I'm not, there is nothing you can say or do to convince me otherwise.

Obviously this has ended badly for me on multiple occasions. But at least it makes me feel like I live intentionally. Everything I do has passion and purpose and drive. Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I crash and burn. But it's always an experience.

HOWEVER, if there is one thing that I've learned over the past year, it's that most of the things I do haven't worked. So maybe it is time for something new.

So on that note - I'm going to try to create, and complete, a list of New Years resolutions. And posting them here will make me accountable. So feel free to bug me about whether or not I'm sticking to it...

Briana Renee's 2010 New Years Resolutions

*I resolve to think before I speak*

* I resolve to actively seek God. Not passively wait for Him to show up in my life, but to make a concentrated effort to find Him.*

*I resolve to get in beach bikini shape. I have a very specific plan for this, but that's another blog, because it's complicated. But the idea is to get hot.*

*I resolve to blog at least twice a week. To share my life and my world and to be brutally honest and open.*

*I resolve to step back from unhealthy and unfulfilling relationships and begin to figure out why I allow myself to get sucked into them*


So I'll keep you updated, and let you know how it all works out. But there is one thing that I know for sure... Life and people rarely give second chances. So your best bet is to not screw up the first one.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment