Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Temper Tantrum Tuesday

So this is becoming a pattern... throwing fits on Tuesdays. Maybe I should create a button and make a link, because I'm pretty sure people can relate :)

KK has been in his room SCREAMING for the last hour and a half. I have tried EVERYTHING, and am at my wits end. He doesn't want to go to sleep, and doesn't want to be in his room. I just don't get it. He has been an angel about going to bed for the last 3 years, and then all of the sudden every freaking night is a WAR. I can't freaking take it. He's exhausted, I'm exhausted, JC is exhausted, and the next morning is not pretty.



I have done everything. I'm made deals, bribed, been firm, laid with him, talked to him. NOTHING works. What is going on? I don't get it. After he screamed for 2 hours the other night, I agreed to let him leave his door open if he promised to go directly to sleep. 45 minutes later I found him in his brother's room watching a movie. So WHAT am I supposed to do? Seriously, I'm open to suggestions.



Ok - next - my job is pissing me off-fa-fa. (Yay Jeff Dunham. If you don't that - google it.)
Anyways, seriously. I am the Accounting and HR Manager for a Gourmet Foods Distribution company. That sounds super exciting and important, right? Nope. The title is pretty, but that's about all that it has going for it. I am way overworked and waaaay underpaid. I work at least 45-50 hours a week, and have totally turned the Accounting and HR department around, but see no reward for it. It's so frustrating. There is lots of screaming and yelling and nitpicking and bitching, but very little positive reinforcement, and no monetary incentive. Ugh. I'm trying to get up the balls to ask for a raise, but I suck at that.

And I hate sleeping alone. Humans are not meant to sleep alone. Lonely is no bueno.

Oh, and people are crazy. Just sayin'...

Ok - time to put on my big girl panties and deal with it...

I have 2 little boys who adore me. They are all I have the majority of the time. KK depends on me. I love that.

I have a job. That's more than over 10% of Americans can say. I make well over miniumum wage, and am able to provide for my boys. Plus, it's gonna look awesome on my resume when I go to get another job.

Sleeping alone still sucks though.

1 comment:

  1. your job does sound cool & important! sorry that it sucks! :( it actually sounds a LOT like my job - except i have gotten a raise & i am very thankful. Still i make very little money...i'm just a secretery w/o a degree. but i make good money for no degree & i have benefits! the thing that sucks is this place is EXTREMELY POORLY RUN, but i just got an office! It really is getting better here, it's just taking time.

    But anyway good luck to you & the kids. I am not a parent yet. I was a nanny but it was so long ago i don't even remember how i made those kids go to sleep! HAHAHA. your kids are so cute!! i know if you keep up the great work with Kayden (meaning being firm!) then he will eventually get back to sleeping like an angel :) hopefully SOON!

    sorry about sleeping alone. no advice on that except that i slept alone for ELEVEN LONG YEARS! & then God (FINALLY!) brought me an awesome sweet Christian husband. =) He'll do it for you too!

    ReplyDelete