Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Beginnings Are Hard...

So I have been meaning to create my own blog for a long time now. It was on one of those "to do" lists that I kept intending to accomplish, yet somehow it kept getting misplaced or forgotten or honestly, I was just too dang exhausted to care. But today is KK's 5th birthday. And I woke up this morning wondering how in the world my baby was five. Where did the time go? How have 5 years come and gone? I feel like so much of it has been a blur. So I decided that today is the day that I am going to take the time to write, and reflect, and try to put into some order the chaos that is my life.
I may not have any epic stories. I am not the most eloquent and experienced writer. But I'm hoping that by simply allowing the thoughts in my head to come through my fingertips and on to the screen in front of me, then maybe I will be able to help bring order to the insanity, clarity to the confusion, and possibly find some answers that I have been looking for. Or, at the least, share with others my personal struggles and triumphs and not feel so alone in either. And in the end, isn't that really what blogging is all about anyway? Knowing that your story, your life, matters to someone? Putting your personal experiences out there so that a piece of you is able to be seen by others? Allowing another person into your world and giving them a glimpse of your life? And maybe in the midst of it all, finding comfort in knowing that you aren't alone?
Life never takes the turns you expect... I think those unexpected turns is where I will start my blogging experience. But not tonight. Tonight is simply the beginning. It is the reminder that we must "Plant our own gardens and decorate our own souls". Because it is doing those things, the little things that create the person that we are, that we will grow and change and figure out who it is that we want to be.
So my hope is that this blog will see growth and change that reflects the same in my life. I'm working hard to do more that just be. I'm beginning to decorate my own soul. To be the woman and mother and person that God intended me to be. And I'm excited and passionate and hopeful. I'm keeping my head up and my eyes open, watching for what is just around the bend.
And I would love to have some company on this journey.
This is just the beginning...

1 comment: