Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's Whatevs...

I learned a long time ago that simply being me and doing things the way that I do has the tendency to piss some people off. Well, to THOSE people:

I'm not apologizing for who I am and how I choose to live my life.

I understand that the choices I make are not always the ones that you would make. Sometimes they don't make sense. Sometimes they end up messy. Sometimes they suck. They are still MY choices.

I live unconventionally. And I love it. And I don't care if you do.

Sometimes what I do doesn't make sense. I get that. That doesn't mean I will explain myself to you.

Until you've lived my life, known my hurts and fears and dreams, you don't get to make judgements that I acknowledge. Sorry.

The people in my life who mean something are the ones who accept me AS IS, with all my faults, issues, and craziness. The rest don't matter.

Don't ever make me choose. Don't give me an ultimatum. Because you won't like the answer. I promise.

There is NOTHING in my life, with the exception of my children, that I can't walk away from. Nothing. I make sure of that.

I'm not going to change for you. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. The changes that I make in my life will be the ones that I think will make me better/happier/etc. And that's it.

I don't mean to piss you off. I also don't care that I do. Your response is your choice. Own it.

I'm not ASKING you to stick around. I'm not asking you to like it. I'm simply saying that if you choose to be a part of my life, then you learn to love, or at least deal with, ALL of me.

If not...

It's whatevs.

No comments:

Post a Comment