Tuesday, July 19, 2011

30 Days of Detail - What You Ate Today

I'm not really much into the eating thing these days. There are these fabulous little red pills that take care of that for me.

However, I had a random craving for Dim Sum.

For those who don't know, Dim Sum is basically Chinese/Cantonese food in small portions, where you pick all the different things you want off a cart or menu. I really wanted dumplings. Good yummy chicken or pork dumplings in a spicy sauce.

So I did what anyone would do in this situation - I Yelped.

Well, Yelp lied.

They gave me the name of a place with great reviews, including customers raving about the amazing dumplings. And off I went - 20 minutes out of my way - to this little restuarant.

And it was TERRIBLE. I order Bao and Dumplings and a couple other random things, and it was all gross.
It was mushy and bland and greasy and most definitely everything it should not be. I was seriously disappointed.

And it won Austin's Best Dim Sum for 2010. WTF?!?

Maaaaaybe if it was 2 AM and I was really reallllly drunk, I would consider the word "alright". Certainly not "best" but, possibly "mediocre". Best? Hell no.

So I threw it all away and had a Coke Icee instead. (No rum, this time).

Then after softball a bunch of us went to Baby A's, a mexican place with famous Purple Drinks. So I had one of those, which I drank all of, and a chimichanga thing, which I ate about 3 bites of. It was good, I was just more interested in the drinks.

And then I had an orange milano cookie for dessert. Ok, that's a lie. I had 2.

1 comment:

  1. how good can you expect dim sum in Texas to be??????

    ReplyDelete