Sunday, April 29, 2012

Here's To Us

Well, it's about time I get back to the things I love, isn't it?

Like laying in my super comfy bed and enjoying a glass of fabulously sweet wine after a very nice evening filled with laughter and fun.

Life is too short to be wasted on things that don't matter. Life is too short to be unhappy. And life is waaaay too short to settle for less than what you want.

So this is me, doing what I want... Taking in a deep breath, and letting out a sigh of relief.

Guess what? In less than 2 weeks, I will have completed a goal that has haunted me for 10 years... I will officially have a Masters Degree in Accounting.

I have a job lined up, a house picked out, and the whole world in front of me.

The last 2 years have been tough. Tougher than I thought they'd be. But they were good for memories made, the small victories, and the lessons learned. The sacrifices were hard. The choices were tough. But they were worth it. When I reflect on them, I'll appreciate them for what they were...

I certainly don't want to go back though. Life is about moving forward. It's about growing, and changing, and making your tomorrow better than your yesterday.

And trust me, I know for a FACT tomorrow will be better than yesterday.

So, here's to those with the courage to do what it takes to follow their dreams.

Here's to those with the strength to wait for what they deserve instead of settling for what's in front of them.

And here's to those who believe that their tomorrows will be better than their yesterdays.

Because that's what makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment