Monday, June 14, 2010

Honeymoon Math

So, anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty much a live and let live kinda person. Sure, I have opinions on everything, and will happily give them if asked, but the truth is that for the most part I really don't care how other people choose to live their lives. It's WHATEVER. :)

However, the exception to that comes when people make a life mission out of telling other people how to live their lives, and then don't even follow their own damn advice.

Then, I get pissed.

Let me tell you a little story...

Let's jump back about 9 years... to when I was 17 years old...

There was this girl, we're going to call her KK, who thought she was God's gift to, well, everything. You know the type - head of the youth group, all about prayer in schools, head of the "True Love Waits" movement in the city, etc. etc. etc. Again, I would have no problem with ANY of this except that she was SHOVING it down everyone elses throat. Gag me. Literally.

As soon as she graduated, she and her "true love waits" boyfriend got married. I think that lasted all of a year before they cheated on each other and ended up divorced.

At this point, she jumped BACK into the church/God/shoving what she believes down other people's throats thing. She ended up becoming the leader of the youth group we all used to go to, and seemed to really be into the life style.

(Side note - most of this I know because of mutual friends - this next part I know because she requested me as a friend on Facebook about a year ago, and what can I say? I was curious. So I accepted.)

So, KK is super youth minister chick, fighter of all things evil, and a huge advocate of this "True Love Waits" thing. (Which is a no sex before marriage initiative, FYI)

She meets this guy, called DD, who is also a youth pastor, and they are all lovey dovey for like 6 months. Then all of the sudden, BAM, her status is single. No clue what happened, but trust me, I was wondering.

6 weeks or so after the random singleness, she posts a facebook thing "I'm gonna be Mrs. DD - he proposed!" Everyone is like "Huh? Thought you were single?" She explains he realized how much he loved her and they are getting married, in less than 2 months.

So they get married at the end of April. Run off to their Hawaii honeymoon and whatevs. Yay, happily ever after. End of story. Right? Nope.

2 days ago there is a new status "Getting ultrasound pics of baby DD".  So I'm like, ok, cool, they wasted no time, whatevs.

Until she mentions that her due date is early October.

Am I the only one who can do math here? HELLO. People can quit with the "guess we knew what you were doing on your honeymoon" crap cuz guess what? Homegirl was already 3 months prego when they got married. This explains a LOT.

Does anyone see my point here? I could care less that someone got pregnant outside of marriage and decided to have a shotgun wedding and pass it off as a honeymoon baby. Seriously. To each her own. I did it for God sake, I'm not one to judge.

What really pisses me off is that she literally spends every day of her life preaching to kids about NOT having sex before marriage. About waiting. About God.

Can we say hypocrite?

If you are going to shove something down others people's throat, I really don't think it's too much to ask that you at least live that way. Otherwise, do you REALLY expect anyone to listen to you?

And the best part? Her new status... "I thank God for those who don't judge me for my shortcomings, because I'm willing to admit them and they make me a better Christian". Good. Fucking. Lord.

THIS is my problem with Christianity in a nutshell. I like your Christ, can't STAND your Christians.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty much why I am anti-religion. I hate hypocrites!! If you believe in something, believe in it. Don't just say it b/c you think it will get you attention or make you sound/look better to others. Hypocrisy is something I will never understand. If you're unsure about something, don't make a stand!!

    Maybe DD wasn't true love?? Only true love waits. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two sentences sum up my thoughts about it exactly....you nailed it on the head!!

    ReplyDelete